Saturday, February 26, 2011

I have returned to the world of blogging.

    I am sick of not being able to write what I really want to in the short snippets that Facebook allows, I miss anonymity, I miss not knowing when a long-lost friend took a shower, and I miss seeing proper grammar being used and words being spelled correctly.
    What will I write about? I'm sure my topics will center around my life as a student mom, my hobbies, (mostly sewing, painting, and cooking. Yes, I'm so domesticated. Ha!) and ponderings of the world around me. Besides wanting to write thoroughly on topics that are important to me, I need to be able to write freely again. Returning to school has shown me that I have lost the ability to think in paraghraphs. My train of thought has been reduced to short snippets and I have had to delete smiley faces from papers. There was a time in my life when a friend of mine had to teach me what : plus ) meant via email. So maybe there is even a little bit of nostalgia included. Whatever the case, I hope I can bring about some good in these thoughts and free myself from the sense of fake living that is wrapped up in a simple status.

No comments:

Post a Comment